What should my child's meals consist of ?
Here are some tips on how to provide a balanced healthy meal. Below is a abbreviated list.
- a variety of colors of fruits and veggies
- whole grains and minimally processed foods
- plant-based proteins and limited processed meats
- healthy oils
- plenty of water
- buy in season
- stock up and save - buy in bulk
- read labels
- plan, plan, plan
- check sales and coupons
- avoid convenience foods which cost more and are often heavily processed
Link to government assistance programs for aid buying food.( SNAP, WIC).
What are power foods ? And how do I get my kid to eat them ?
- green leafy veggies
- whole grains
- colorful berries
- low-fat dairy
- lean beef